Thursday, July 1, 2010

How do mangakas in Japan make money?

How do mangakas in Japan make money?
I was reading some recent chapters of Bakuman And I think it said something about how if your manga doesnt last for a year, then you dont get paid anything, or something like that. How often do mangakas in japan actually get paid, and also...how much do they usually get paid?
Comics & Animation - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
LOL they get paid if people buy their manga cause you are buying THEIR manga. Thats their main way. As for the magazines that publish them I wouldn't know. Maybe they do get paid? Do some research
2 :
umm, no. They do get paid, I don't know how much, but every year their manga is running they get a raise. I'm pretty sure they get paid per manuscript. Like, every week/month, or however much they draw. Bakuman is amazing btw. I would never ever guess the same people made Death Note