Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Is it possible to still make a mistake in wiring money from Citibank Japan?

Is it possible to still make a mistake in wiring money from Citibank Japan?
My husband been sending money to my US account for the 5th time already. This month was a delay. He told me that he had a bank account number mistake. So, Citibank has to track the wire to a wrong account and return it to his account and that is the time to transfer to my bank account. He do the telephone banking. Like he calls everytime he sends money. I thought that there is an imput of name and bank account whenever you send money especially many times or is it possible that everytime he calls citibank employee, he has to give my account number again? Hope there is an answer or any experience of wrong account number from you guys. I need an answer if this is possible especially CITIBANk JAPAN. Thanks much. ANA
Japan - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes it is possible to send money to the wrong account in Citibank. I have an International account with them and although, so far, I have never made a mistake with the numbers, they always warn you to double check before you submit the exchange as it can take a long time to correct if you get it wrong. Be carefull. Steve
2 :
Yes, it is..in many cases.... I reviewed your question so far, you mentioned he calls everytime he do the banking...as most of the staffs is not a native speaker of English, might there be a misunderstanding or hard hearing the correct number your husband gave.. but as he gave your name it would be track down for there might be more than one name like your name so they would asked to give your account number... Just to remind you, there are many staffs working on Citibank and misunderstanding always happen as even we showed in person we always find a lot of errors from bank transactions. I agree Western Union does good even it charge more because it is fast and safe for one hour just give the name of the person you are sending the money.. hope this helps! good day!