Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Is there a non-profit organization that I can donate money to Japan?

Is there a non-profit organization that I can donate money to Japan?
I want to make sure that my money doesn't end up in private banks, but to actually help in relief programs there. We should all do something, and I want 100% of my effort to actually HELP the Japanese.
Community Service - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I think the red cross is non profit. You could try them.
2 :
I'm looking for an organization too. I'm really shocked with what happened. So many of my japaneese friends, even my hairstyler could be in that mess right now. I'm looking for a website that I can donate to and I'll post it here if I find one.
3 :
XD i just askin' the same thing.
4 :
The Red Cross can get the money where it is needed. Bear in mind this about limiting your donation so it goes "100%" to Japan: On Thursday morning, disaster relief organizations had offices already in place. Offices need electricity, water, computers, Internet access, phones, phone service, printers, paper, toner--and people. All of that already had to be paid for, so when the earthquake hit, the agencies were ready. Without unrestricted donations, relief agencies cannot have any of these necessities.
5 :
I was able to donate using here at http://www.helpjapanrecover.org/ It allows you to donate using amazon.com I donated 100.00 us Making a donation with amazon.com was allot better than paying to someone I do not know.